Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Supper Corn Chowder

I found this very very simple recipe in a cook book I like to use Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book! And to make a long story short Adam came home one day after work with a ton of bagged kernel corn....so of course every once in a while I look for ways that I can use it. So I found this chowder recipe & my family seems to enjoy it {we have it probably once every 2 weeks}

Ingredients:
5 slices bacon
1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated in rings
2 cups cooked or canned whole kernel corn
1 cup diced cooked potatoes
1 10 1/2-ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup {I don't always use...and it's still good!}
2 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt


Now cook bacon till crisp in large saucepan. Remove bacon; pour off drippings, returning 3 tablespoons to pan. Add onion and cook till lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients and dash pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer a minute or two. top each serving with crumbled bacon and butter. {I don't use the butter}. Make 6 servings
It's that easy and it really has a great taste! I hope you enjoy!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment